Earl of Macclesfield Boathouse

Home » Earl of Macclesfield Boathouse

Earl of Macclesfield Boathouse

The Earl of Macclesfield Boathouse was built in the 1850’s for the Earl’s use and is the oldest boathouse on the lake.

The interior originally consisted of a small room with windows overlooking both the lake and the boathouse, along with a small fireplace and access to the boathouse.

By the early 1900’s the stepped front gable had collapsed and had been replaced by a timber facing.

The roof which we believe was originally straw covered was replaced with corrogated iron. The building remained in an ever deteriorating condition used for a short time to store a steamboat but becoming more and more dilapidated as the years went by.

The boathouse can be hired for events – please phone 07718 808881.